Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Smoothie Lunch

As usual, I got sick around Thanksgiving. This is nothing new for me. But, the type of illness and the duration is different. I didn't get pneumonia & wasn't nearly bedridden for a week as in the past - happened nearly every year for about ten years. The past couple of years since I have been eating better & exercising, I have not gotten pneumonia at all. Last year I had a bad cough & lung congestion, but it went away on its own. This year, I got a bad migraine (which is also something I had chronically for over ten years until very recently) which may, in fact, be a sinus infection. I've had it for about 3 days & it seems to be fading as I write this.
Anyway, today's lunch is a raw smoothie made of 1 cup herbal tea (your choice), 1 organic banana, about 1 cup frozen golden raspberries, 1 teaspoon hemp seeds & 1 teaspoon maca powder. It's a pretty golden color, which being in an amber mug, you can't really see! And, it tastes great! I was worried about the maca, as it can be so bitter to me, but the fruit covers that very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment