Friday, December 16, 2011

Crockpot Pepper Chicken recipe

I found this recipe on AllRecipes & adapted it.

2 organic whole chicken breasts (WITH skin & bones)
1 organic red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 can organic crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup organic Italian dressing
1 organic heirloom yellow Roma-style tomato, sliced

Place all ingredients in crock-pot. Cook on high for one hour, then set to low for 4 hours.

 My red pepper was previously frozen, so is a bit wrinkly & I forgot to put the yellow tomato in the picture ...
After 1 hour on high, I turned it down to low to cook the rest of the day. Love that bright yellow tomato. I should have saved some seeds ...

~~~~~~~~~~
One hour to go and this is smelling delicious! Can't wait for dinner!

~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was great! Here's the result. This recipe fed 2 humans, 1 large kitten and 1 small dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment