Sunday, May 5, 2013

Squash Hash with Fried Eggs Recipe

I got the idea for this recipe from Cave Girl Eats on Facebook. I saw her picture and had to make it - with my own variations!

3 strips bacon - diced
2 eggs (I actually used 2 chicken and 2 dove eggs this time)
½ small squash (I used Carnival, but Acorn, yellow or other would do) - de-seeded and diced
1 Jalapeño Pepper - de-seeded and diced
¼ onion - diced
Cumin - to taste
Butter


Cook bacon (I baked mine - 350°F. for 30 minutes, until crisp).

Heat butter in 2 small cast iron pans.
In one, fry onion until transluscent. Add squash and Jalapeño. Stir in bacon. Cook until squash is tender. Stir in cumin to taste.
In the other pan, fry the eggs. Sprinkle with cumin to taste.
Plate the hash and top with eggs (I'm adjusting to a new stove, so the eggs got a little crispy!)

This served one - moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment