So, you can find the original recipe at the Just a Pinch site: Cream Cheese Tarts.
Here's my take on it:
- 2 -8 oz. packages Galbani Mascarpone Fresca Italian Style Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-21 oz. Oregon Blackberries pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup (12 total) of muffin pan.
2. Beat cream cheese with old-fashioned hand mixer until fluffy - you really get a workout! Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
3. Place a cookie FLAT side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over cookies filling each to about 1/4 inch from top of paper.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Allow tarts to cool completely before adding fruit filling. When you remove the tarts from the oven, they will be puffed up, but as they cool, the center will sink, creating the perfect well to fill with a couple of spoonfuls of your favorite filling.
6. Chill thoroughly before serving.
7. Top with whipped cream.
Now, I'm not sure if the mascarpone was the wrong consistency, or maybe I didn't let them cool enough ... but, they didn't 'set' up like I expected. More like a pudding consistency - so had to eat out of the paper liner with a spoon, but still very good.