Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Organic Raw Almond Flour recipe

I've been having trouble trying to use up all of my (nearly unending!) supply of almond pulp since I started making my own almond milk. I have been saving some in the freezer for later use and also putting some in the compost. But, since I make milk every 2 days, it was getting out of hand! So, I finally did a search on how to make almond flour! I love to bake, so always run out of organic whole wheat flour. So, this will come in handy!

1 cup of organic raw almond pulp

Crumble the almond pulp evenly onto solid dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 115F for 6-8 hours.
Slowly add about half of the dehydrated pulp to blender. Pulse blend until pulp becomes a fine powder. May take several pulses and several minutes. Pour almond flour into glass jar using a funnel. Repeat for remainder of pulp.
Store in the refrigerator.
It's hard to tell in this picture, but it is very fine powder.
(I do not blanch - remove the skin - from my almonds, so this makes a colorful flour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment