Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lunch and Dinner - February 9, 2013

Made some really yummy meals today. I very rarely eat breakfast or snacks these days. I seem to get more than enough fuel from lunch and dinner. I do have tea at about 4pm, water throughout the day and raw milk with dinner. That's it. I am wheat/gluten-free and nearly grain-free (occasional rice, wild rice, rye or quinoa, but not often.) Although rye does have some gluten ... hmmm.
Lunch today was a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with a side of raisins and pine nuts.
Dinner was an experiment. Our very first taste of acorn squash. I love it! I seem to like all the squashes we have tried. Tonight, I started way too late for our normal dinner time, but my mom said it was worth the wait.
I found the original recipe here: 5 Ingredient Breakfast Stuffed Acorn Squash
Since I didn't have any 'breakfast sausage', I used two of the artisan
sausages I get at our local co-op and opened up the 'tubes' and squeezed out the meat. It was hot Italian sausage! Whoowee, was it spicy! But, so good! The 'tubes' didn't go to waste - Nikky loved them!
I had to cook it longer than the recipe directed, as I can't stand a runny egg. So, after adding the egg, cook the length of time it takes to bake the egg to your taste. You may have to check it several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment